What is "Doom Eager"?

Lorrie Moore, from "Better and Sicker"
"Martha Graham speaks of the Icelandic term "doom eager" to denote that ordeal of isolation, restlessness, caughtness and artistic experiences when he or she is sick with an idea. When a writer is doom eager, the writing won't be sludge on the page; it will give readers -- and the writer, of course, is the very first reader -- an experience they've never had before, or perhaps a little and at last the words for an experience they have."

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Cool Writing E-vent

What a great idea. Moonrat at the blog Editorial Ass has set up a Write Your @ss Off E-vent this weekend. I've signed up for Saturday from 11am to 7pm. Eight glourious hours of writing. Now that I've committed myself to an actual event, I think I'll get some productive work done this weekend. It's easy to slack on the weekends. Then, again, I find it's easy to slack anytime. I'm nearing the half-way mark in the manuscript but have been stuck the last few days in a difficult chapter.

Check out Write Your @ass Off Day at Editorial Ass. See My Blog List below.
I'll be posting my writing progress on Saturday, Feb. 6th. on Moonrat's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment